As we transition our in-person classes to distance learning, we would like to offer additional support to our Silberman faculty in anticipation of a higher volume of requests for our Hunter Helpdesk.
Here’s what you can expect as you transition to remote teaching:
- Post all of your course materials and assignments in Blackboard.
- Check in with your students about their access to technology off-campus.
- Use Collaborate Ultra, Blackboard’s videoconferencing tool to connect with students for classes, office hours, and/or group meetings.
Please visit the Remote Teaching section of our Faculty Resources website for more information on Blackboard, videoconferencing tools, workshops and trainings, as well as Office Hours.
As always, please contact the Helpdesk (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Hunter College Center for Online Learning
Please visit the Center for Online Learning webpage on the Hunter College website for resources, support, and workshops for online course design.
Hunter College ACERT
ACERT, works closely with the Center for Online Learning and Office of Assessment to offer a wide-variety of events, programming, and faculty support. Their programming will include hands-on workshops as well as seminars and events focused on dialogue, community, and resource sharing. Please see the links below to events and resources already scheduled and created, and be sure to check for updates and new listings on the ACERT home page and ACERT calendar.
Here’s what you can expect as we transition to the remote environment:
- You’ll access all course materials, submit assignments and participate in class activities (like online Discussions) via Blackboard.
- Your instructor may hold synchronous This means you will meet online using a video conferencing tool like Collaborate Ultra or Zoom. These sessions will be held the same time as your current class schedule. They will also use these tools for Office Hours. If you don’t have access to high-speed internet access or a computer/mobile device off-campus, please let your instructors know ASAP.
- You have access to a Blackboard Training site in Blackboard. Please log into Blackboard, look under My Organizations, to access the training. If you do NOT have access, you can enroll yourself into the training. (Images attached.)
- Log into Blackboard
- Look for Organization Search
- Type in “SSSW Blackboard Training”
- Hover on the Course ID to Enroll.
- The site will appear under My Organizations
- Collaborate Ultra is a videoconferencing tool that is built into Blackboard. It has been enabled in the Blackboard Training Site so that you can test out your access, audio, and video. Please watch this brief video tutorial on the Ultra User Interface.
- Long-term technology loans are available for students. Students can request a long-term laptop loanusing this form.
- If you need accommodations in this new remote environment, please reach out to the Office of AccessAbility.
As always, please call the Student Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your questions.
Hunter College Resources
FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE
New York State
Coronavirus Health Hotline
Additional Hunter Resources
- Avoiding Phishing Scams
- Center for Online Learning (TTLG)
- Credit / No Credit Policy
- CUNY Updates
- Distance Learning Tools
- Online Teaching Workshop Schedule
- Research Continuity
- Student Blackboard Support
- Summer Library Resources
- Technology Resource Center
- Zoom Meetings Best Practices
- Zoom Webinars Best Practices