Newly Accepted Students

Welcome to the Silberman School of Social Work! You will find the various forms and information to assist you in completing your acceptance. You can access each form by clicking on the name of the form.

Step 1:

Acknowledge Your Acceptance

You should go back to your online application and acknowledge your acceptance to Silberman. You should also return your Commitment Deposit Form (this form will be mailed to you along with your Acceptance Letter) to:

Silberman School of Social Work
Admission Office/Director
2180 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10035

Phone: 212 396-7625
Fax: 212 396-7639

All newly accepted graduate degree students must submit a non-refundable, non-deferrable commitment deposit of $250 (USD) to reserve your space in the graduate program and register for courses. The commitment deposit will be credited towards your first semester tuition charges.  You will receive documents with your official acceptance letter. You must return all items to Patricia Gray for processing.

Checks or Money Orders should be made payable to: Silberman School of Social Work.

If you decide not to attend after you have been accepted, please make sure that you call Patricia Gray. If you decide to withdraw after you have registered for classes, you must official drop all your courses, and withdraw at 68th Street.

Reminder:  Official Transcripts: If you have not done so already, please send us your official academic transcripts from all the undergraduate and graduate institutions you attended.  Have them mailed to Silberman School of Social Work’s Enrollment Management Office at 2180 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10035.

If you are in your final semester of undergraduate study, a final copy of your transcript indicating degree conferral must be submitted ASAP. Applicants who cannot demonstrate proof of a bachelor’s degree by September 15th 2016 will not be permitted to continue classes and may be required to forfeit their place in the MSW program

How to Acknowledge Your Acceptance

  1. Once you log into your online application, at the bottom of the first page you will see:
  2. Decision Status
  3. Beneath it is the clickable text: “Your application decision is now available online”.
  4. The next page opens a general Hunter College Acceptance letter, with instructions at the bottom to: “Please acknowledge your acceptance by clicking on the link below: Enrollment Form”. Select this link and Accept.

 Step 2:

Field Education Forms

Full-Time, Bank Street, and Transfer Students should completed the Field Practicum Planning Form (link to 1st year Students 2016-2017). Advanced Standing Students should complete the Advanced Standing Field Practicum Form (link to Advanced Standing). After completing the form you should upload the form and your resume to the field education office by clicking Resume and Field Forms to the Field Department.

Reminders: Full-Time, Bank Street, and Transfer Students students are required to register for field education each term. OYR students only register for field education in their second year.

Step 3:

Immunizations Form

All students are required to submit immunization records. Please read the form and the Wellness Center website for deadlines and more information. You will not be able to register without submitting all appropriate documentation.

The immunization form must be mailed or faxed directly to:

The Office of Health Services
695 Park Avenue Room N307
New York, New York 10021
Phone: 212 772-4800
FAX: 212 650-3254

Immunization Form (all students)

Step 4:

Claim your CUNYfirst Account

You will receive instructions via e-mail to claim your CUNYFirst Account. 

Once received the instructions for claiming your account can be found here.

On the Log In page, be sure to select New User.


Step 5:

Claim your Hunter College E-mail address

As a student, official information from the school will be sent to your Hunter College e-mail address.

Every Hunter student has an email address that follows this formula: CUNYfirst username followed by Our email password is your CUNYfirst password.

Details about your new hunter email address can be found here.


Step 6:

Scholarship and Financial Aid Information

The Hunter College Financial Aid Office is responsible for administering federal loan programs. To learn about these programs, go to The Financial Aid Office website provides details about the following:

· Federal Direct Loans (William D. Ford Direct Loan Program)
· Federal Perkins Loans
· Federal Work-Study

Please file your FASFA and review this helpful link to the Financial Aid Office. Federal School Code: 002689

Scholarship Application  (This form will open at a later date, you will be notified via email when it becomes available.)

To read about possible scholarship opportunities at Silberman click here.

If you are interested in applying for scholarships please review the application above and contact Ms. Flores at Please review our website for other scholarship information.

Step 7:

Transfer of Credit Form

If you are requesting a review of transfer credit from another graduate social work program, please complete the Transfer of Credit form. The form must be accompanied by a course description and syllabus for each course with an official transcript. Please complete this form prior to registering for courses you are requesting to transfer. This packet of information can be sent to:

Silberman School of Social Work
Admission Office/Mr. Philip Angulo
2180 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10035

Phone: 212 396-7627
Fax: 212 396-7639

Important Dates:

Pre-Orientation Dates

Schedule time to meet with key staff to discuss registration, financial aid, and being a successful student at Silberman. All session start at 5:30 PM. Please plan to attend the pre-orientation session below.

Tuesday, July 12th at 5:30 PM 

New Student Orientation: (TBA)

You will receive more information regarding orientation from Student Affairs. The official first day of class is August 25, 2016.

Please keep copies of all completed forms for your records.

If you change your enrollment status or withdraw from classes, your financial aid may be affected.  Each financial aid program is different. Please obtain an Application to Withdraw form from the OASIS, Room N217 and read it before withdrawing from courses. You should also contact Patricia Gray, to let the office know that you are withdrawing,  it is your responsibility to drop/withdraw from all your courses.

Staff Contact Information:

If you have questions regarding these forms please contact Patricia Gray at or call her at 212-396-7625.