Online Application & Enrollment Process

  • Create your account via our Online Application
  • Submit Application & Pay $75 Application Fee (non-refundable) payable by Credit Card or Check
  • View Application Fee Payment Confirmation and verify your application has been submitted.
  • Start a Financial Aid folder to retain copies of tax returns and aid documents.
  • Obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) from the U.S. Department of Education at
  • Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Hunter College’s school code is 002689.
  • Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA, for accuracy. If necessary, follow directions on your SAR to correct inaccurate items.
  • Investigate private resources of scholarship and financial aid for college. Check your school, local library, and online at websites such as
  • You may be invited (via E-mail) to participate in a Group Interview to further discuss your qualifications (not all applicants are invited).
  • All final decisions will be posted on your online application.
  • If Accepted, complete the Enrollment Paperwork including $250 Commitment Deposit, and Mail back to Silberman SSW.
  • Submit Immunization Paper to Health Office at 68th street (to address on the form)
  • Attend Pre-Orientation & Receive Pre-Orientation Material
  • Review Registration Schedule and Payment Information Schedule in Pre-Orientation Material
  • Register for classes online via ESIMS.
  • If you wish to withdraw, you must email your intentions and drop all courses to
  • Be alert to any billing notices and payment information provided by the Bursar’s Office.

Supplemental Documents: All forms which cannot be submitted online (Official Transcripts, Transcript evaluations, TOEFL scores, Agency Executive Agreement Forms, Core Competency forms) should be mailed to our office: Silberman School of Social Work, 2180 Third Avenue, New York NY 10035


International Applicants

  • If you have received your Undergraduate education outside of the United States, you will need to have your transcript evaluated for U.S. equivalency.  You can use AACRAO for this service by visiting this link:
  • US Perm Resident- Copies of your Green Card (front & back) must be submitted.
  • Applicants whose native language is not English and whose post-secondary education (baccalaureate degree) was in a country where English was not the native language are required to take the TOEFL exam. Our institutional code is 2308. Minimum scores are as follows:
  • Paper Based Test: 550
  • Computer Administered Test: 213
  • Internet Based Test: 80
  • Applications for students who are required to submit TOEFL will not be considered without the test scores. AACRAOTranscript Evaluations and TOEFL scores should be mailed to us directly from institution or by student (as long as the original envelope was not opened).

Our mailing address is:
Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
2180 Third Avenue, 7th Floor
New York NY 10035
Attn: Office of Admissions.

Also, you may want to visit our International Students Office.  This office provides academic support services to international students and help with immigration regulatory matters.  You can visit our link here:


Scan QR code to go to
Online Application & Enrollment Process Webpage