Newly Accepted Students


to the Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College!

You will find the various forms and information needed to assist you in completing your Acceptance. You can access each form by clicking on the name of the form.


Step 1
Acknowledge Your Acceptance

If you have not already done so, please log in to your Online Application and Acknowledge your Acceptance to SSSW. Follow the instructions below:

  1. Log into your online application.
  2. At the bottom of the first page you will see: Decision Status.
  3. Beneath it is the clickable text: “Your application decision is now available online”.
  4. The next page opens a general Hunter College Acceptance letter, with instructions at the bottom to: “Please acknowledge your acceptance by clicking on the link below: Enrollment Form”. Select this link and Accept.

If you have not already done so, please return your Acknowledgement Form (this form was previously emailed to you along with your Acceptance Letter) to

If you decide not to attend after you have been accepted, please contact Juliana Lopez at If you decide to withdraw after you have registered for classes, you must officially drop all your courses, and withdraw at 68th Street.

Reminder:  Official Transcripts:   If you have not done so already, please send us your official academic transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you attended.

Please be advised Official Transcripts can be emailed to

You can also mail Official transcripts to Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College, Enrollment Management Office, 2180 Third Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10035.  You can also have your Official Transcript emailed to

If you are in your final semester of undergraduate study, a final copy of your transcript indicating degree conferral must be submitted ASAP. Applicants who cannot demonstrate proof of a Bachelor’s Degree by July 10, 2023 will not be permitted to continue classes and may be required to forfeit their place in the MSW program.


Step 2
Field Education Forms

Complete the First Year Placement Planning:
First Year Placement Planning Form

Advanced Standing Program should complete the:
Advanced Standing Program
Field Practicum Planning Form

After completing the form(s) please follow the instructions at the top of each for submission.

One Year Residency students will register for Field Education in their second year.

Bank Street Students will complete their first year Field Placement at Bank Street.

MSW/MDiv Students will complete their first year Field Placement at Union College.

Reminder: Full-Time students are required to register for Field Education each term. Students will be in their Field Placement three days per week for a total of 21 hours.


Step 3
Immunizations Form

All students are required to submit Immunization Records. Please read the form and the Wellness Center website for deadlines and more information. You will not be able to register without submitting all appropriate documentation.The immunization form must be mailed or faxed directly to:

Immunization Form
(all students)


Step 4
Claim your CUNYfirst Account
CUNYfirst stands for “Fully Integrated Resources and Services Tool.”  It has many student applications, from registering for classes to paying bills.Instructions for claiming your CUNYFirst account can be found here. On the Log In page, be sure to select New User. You will also receive these instructions via e-mail.


Step 5
Claim your Hunter College E-mail Address

As a student, official information from the school will be sent to your Hunter College e-mail address.Every Hunter student has an email address that follows this formula: CUNYfirst username followed by Our email password is your CUNYfirst password.

Details about your new Hunter College email address can be found here.


Step 6
Scholarship and Financial Aid Information

The Hunter College Financial Aid Office is responsible for administering federal loan programs. To learn about these programs, go to The Financial Aid Office website provides details about the following:

  • Federal Direct Loans (William D. Ford Direct Loan Program)
  • Federal Perkins Loans
  • Federal Work-Study

Please file your FASFA and review this helpful link to the Financial Aid Office. Federal School Code: 002689

All newly accepted students will be considered for Silberman School of Social Work scholarships.

To read about possible scholarship opportunities at Silberman click here.


Step 7
Transfer of Credit Form

If you are requesting a review of transfer credit from another graduate social work program, please complete the Transfer of Credit form. The form must be accompanied by a course description and syllabus for each course with an official transcript. Please complete this form prior to registering for courses you are requesting to transfer. This packet of information can be sent to:

Meggin Brown at

– OR –

Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College
Enrollment Management Office
Attn: Meggin Brown
2180 Third Avenue, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10035

If you have additional questions regarding our Transfer Policy, please contact Admissions Coordinator, Meggin Brown at



Next Steps…
Upon completion of all the steps above please access the orientation website for a schedule of all orientation sessions and course information.




Please keep copies of all completed forms for your records.

If you change your enrollment status or withdraw from classes, your financial aid may be affected.  Each financial aid program is different. Please obtain an Application to Withdraw form from the OASIS, Room N217 and read it before withdrawing from courses.

You should also contact Juliana Lopez at to let the office know that you are withdrawing, it is your responsibility to drop/withdraw from all your courses.

If you have questions regarding these forms, please contact the Enrollment Management office at (212) 396-7886 or